Cornmeal Crust Pizza
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1¾ cup cornmeal
- 2 cup gluten free flour mix (I used Carol's sorghum blend)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (a substitute should work)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Combine the dry ingredients (cornmeal through salt) by whisking them together in a medium bowl.
- Add the milk and oil and stir well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased jelly roll pan using your hands or a spatula. Press it up the sides of the pan a little to contain the toppings.
- Combine the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder, or use a pre-made pizza sauce. Spread this over the crust.
- Top with some shredded cheese and whatever toppings you choose.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cornmeal-crust-pizza/