Orange Coffee Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. sorghum flour
- 2/3 c. millet flour
- 2/3 c. potato starch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 c. sour milk (1/2 Tb. vinegar + milk to = 1/2 c.)
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. orange juice
- 1 c. sweetened flaked coconut
- With your mixer, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the zest, and separately combine the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the wet ingredients to the mixture in the mixing bowl.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- While it is baking, combine the topping ingredients.
- Spread the topping over the hot cake and broil a couple of minutes until lightly browned.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/orange-coffee-cake/