French Bread Rolls
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Bread
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1 1/2 cups potato starch
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons instant yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water (105 – 115 degrees)
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and egg whites and mix to incorporate.
- Add the vinegar and most of the water. Beat for 2 minutes, adding the remaining water if needed to make a soft dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon sprayed with non stick cooking spray, scoop the dough onto a large greased cookie sheet. Spraying the scoop helps, but I had to respray every couple of times.
- Put the cookie sheet into a cold oven. Set the temperature at 400 degrees and bake about 25 minutes, depending on the size of the rolls. The rolls should be light brown on the outside.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-french-bread-rolls/