Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- powdered sugar for dusting the towel
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixer bowl beat the eggs on high for several minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat until light in color.
- Add the pumpkin and lemon juice. Mix until blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix just until blended.
- Pour batter into a sprayed 10 x 15 inch jelly roll pan. Spread the batter to the edges of the pan and try to even it out. Sprinkle the walnut pieces over the top.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake (walnut side down) onto a towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll the cake and towel lengthwise. Leave it to cool.
- Combine the filling ingredients and beat until smooth. Unroll the cake and spread the filling over the surface.
- Use the towel to help roll the cake back up, but do not roll the towel with the cake as before.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pumpkin-roll-great-thanksgiving-dessert/