Cinnamon Bundt Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter (or oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour milk (1Tablespoon vinegar + milk to = 1 cup)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In your mixer bowl, beat the butter. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
- Add the dry ingredients and milk alternately in fourths, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix well, scraping the bottom of the bowl to be sure the butter is incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into a sprayed or greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Add the vanilla to the powdered sugar. Slowly add the milk, stirring, adding only enough for it to reach the right consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
This would also make a great spice cake if you want to add cloves, nutmeg, and/or ginger.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cinnamon-bundt-cake/