Chicken & Mushrooms with Lemon Sauce
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 - 6
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the chicken until just fully cooked.
- Remove the chicken and add the mushrooms. Sauté until soft.
- Combine the cornstarch and water. Add it to the skillet along with the wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir and cook on high heat for 1 minute.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts (slice them horizontally, but not all the way through).
- Place some of the sauce and Parmesan inside each chicken breast and place it in a baking dish. Cover the chicken with the remaining sauce and Parmesan.
- Broil until lightly brown.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-in-lemon-sauce/