Coconut Pineapple Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple
- ½ cup coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Strain a can a crushed pineapple, reserving the juice. If you don’t get ¾ cup juice, you can use extra coconut milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar by whisking them together.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the oil, eggs, vanilla, pineapple juice, and coconut milk, beating with a fork until the eggs are mixed in with the liquid.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula until all the flour is moistened.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple and coconut.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/coconut-pineapple-muffins/