Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix (I used half Carol’s and half Bette’s)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- With your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the applesauce and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add to the mixer bowl and beat well.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple, nuts, and coconut.
- Spoon the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove the cake to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pine-applesauce-cake/