Baked Delicata Squash
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 delicata squash
- oil (butter, margarine, olive oil, or coconut oil)
- spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger)
- sweetener (brown sugar, maple syrup, honey, etc.)
- Cut off the stem end of the squash, then cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds and pulp.
- Place the halves skin side down in a baking dish, and cover the bottom of the dish with water.
- Drizzle the squash halves with oil or pats of butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle with salt and spices.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375° for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- While it is hot, drizzle or sprinkle with sweetener.
- Eat by spooning the squash out of the skin.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/baked-delicata-squash/