Banana Oatmeal Bread
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup coconut oil (or oil of choice
- ¾ cup sugar (I used ½ c. coconut palm sugar + ¼ c. regular sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- ¼ cup milk (I used almond milk)
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients (brown rice flour through xanthan gum but NOT the sugar).
- In your mixer bowl, beat together the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla for several minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the bananas and milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients (about ¼ at a time).
- Stir in the walnuts.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 – 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/banana-oatmeal-bread/