Corn Bread Pizza
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Pizza
- 1 recipe corn bread (use only ¼ c. sugar)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- Put a large cast iron skillet on the stove and warm it up, but not too hot. Spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray.
- Make the corn bread batter and put into the skillet, spreading it out to the edges.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to get under the cornbread and flip it over. This is a little tricky. It might take two spatulas or an extra pair of hands.
- Cover and cook another 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and cool on a wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling brown the ground beef.
- Take a handful of pepperoni and cut them into pieces. Kitchen scissors work well for that. Add the pepperoni to the beef.
- Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Stir and heat.
- Slice the cornbread in half horizontally. It doesn’t have to be completely cooled but should no longer be hot. Put the halves, cut side up, on a cookie sheet.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Put half the meat mixture on each and spread to the edges. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and broil for several minutes until the cheese is melted.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/corn-bread-pizza-what-can-i-eat-thats/