Chicken and Vegetables - Slow Cooker
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 - 8
- 1 whole chicken (3 – 5 pounds) or chicken pieces
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- celery, sliced
- onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup liquid (broth, wine, water, or a combination)
- herbs (basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary)
- Place the carrots, celery, and onion in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the liquid over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, whatever herbs you desire, and the garlic. You can put some into the cavity and under the skin of the chicken breast.
- Cover and cook on low approximately 6 hours or high 3 – 4 hours. Cooking time will depend on your slow cooker and the size of the chicken.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-and-vegetables-slow-cooker/