Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Sauce
- 4 cups diced tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 Tablespoons butter, butter substitute, or coconut oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- salt to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter for a few minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil, sugar and wine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 1 hour.
- Use a hand blender to puree the sauce or transfer to a regular blender.
- Add salt to taste.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/tomato-sauce/