Stovetop Tater Tot Casserole
Recipe type: Main
- 1 – 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 6 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds frozen tater tots
- 1 recipe cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- ¼ cup liquid (water, milk, or milk substitute)
- In an electric skillet or large stovetop skillet, cook the tater tots in oil.
- Sauté and drain the ground beef in a skillet. Remove the beef to a bowl.
- Add a little oil to the skillet and add the onion and pepper. When almost cooked, add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- While the other parts are cooking, make the batch of cream soup.
- Add the ¼ cup liquid to the soup to thin it.
- Combine the beef, vegetables, and soup in your skillet or a pot and make sure everything is hot.
- Spread this mixture into a rectangular baking dish and put the tater tots on top.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/stovetop-tater-tot-casserole-whats-for/