Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- one 9 inch pie shell (bought or homemade)
- 4 cups rhubarb pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Wash the rhubarb and cut it into pieces that are 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick.
- Wash and slice the strawberries.
- Put the rhubarb and strawberries in a large bowl. Add the sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Let it sit about 15 minutes.
- For the topping, combine the sorghum flour and brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in the butter.
- Put the strawberry rhubarb mixture in the prepared pie shell.
- Sprinkle the topping over it.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 50 minutes, checking to see if the rhubarb is soft.
- Let it cool before cutting.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/strawberry-rhubarb-pie/