Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⅓ cups gluten-free flour mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, stir the butter and cocoa over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and, using a wooden spoon or stiff spatula, add the sugars. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour mix, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Add this to the sauce pan and stir until all the flour is moistened.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into a greased and rice floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/better-gluten-free-brownie/