Mexican Casserole #2
Recipe type: Main
- 1 onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 package gluten-free taco seasoning
- lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1 15 ounce. can beans, drained (pinto, navy, kidney, whatever you like)
- 1 10 ounce can enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or omit and sprinkle with nutritional yeast)
- Cook and drain the beef and onion.
- Add the taco seasoning mix and prepare according to the package directions.
- Put lightly crushed tortilla chips into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Use enough to cover the bottom.
- Rinse the beans and sprinkle them evenly over top of the crushed chips.
- Spoon the beef/onion mixture over the beans.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over all of it.
- Top with more chips and the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/mexican-casserole-2/