Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 cups peeled and thinly sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup butter or dairy free margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk or substitute (I used almond milk)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Slice the butter into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place it in the oven and preheat the oven to 325°. Remove the dish when the butter has melted.
- Peel the peaches and slice them thinly.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add the milk, honey, egg, and vanilla. Beat together with a fork.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish. Do not mix it with the butter.
- Lay the sliced peaches on top. Do not stir them in.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/peach-cobbler/