Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 9 medium pancakes
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour mix or rice or sorghum flour (I used Carol Fenster’s sorghum blend)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the milk, egg, vanilla, and oil, beating slightly with a fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together well.
- Let the batter sit and thicken for a few minutes.
- Heat a skillet very hot and spoon the batter onto the skillet. These brown quickly, and you might need to turn them before you see bubbles on top. Use a spatula to see how brown they are getting.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/buckwheat-pancakes/