Ham & Cheese Corn Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- ¾ cup corn meal
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix (I used Carol Fenster’s sorghum blend)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ cup ground or chopped ham (or use bacon)
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn meal, flour mix, salt, xanthan gum, baking powder, gelatin, and sugar.
- Stir in the ham and cheese.
- In a smaller bowl or glass measuring cup combine the oil, eggs, and milk.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to remove most of the lumps.
- Spoon into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for about 18 minutes.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/ham-cheese-corn-muffins/