Hamburger Buns & Focaccia Bread
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Bread
- 1⅓ cups brown rice flour (white rice flour works too)
- ⅔ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch or flour
- 1 Tablespoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tablespoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 – 1¼ cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed mixed with ¼ cup water (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- coarse salt (optional)
- Mix the wet ingredients together in the bowl of your mixer using 1 cup of the water.
- Combine the flours, yeast, gelatin, xanthan gum, onion powder, salt, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes. Add more water if it is too dry. The dough should be very soft and sticky.
- Transfer the dough to a greased pan. This recipe will fill a large cookie sheet. Or spoon into 10-12 greasedEnglish muffin rings for buns.
- Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Brush the top of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning. (Omit for hamburger buns.)
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. The top should be nicely browned.
The chia seed mixture helps keep the bread even more moist, particularly after freezing.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-hamburger-buns-focaccia/