Recipe type: Main
- 1 recipe cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup dry gluten-free bread crumbs (or try instant potato flakes)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- several dashes of pepper
- 1½ pound ground beef
- cooking oil
- about 6 medium size mushrooms
- Combine the soup and soy sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of the soup.
- Mix in the ground beef.
- Form six oval patties and brown them in a little bit of hot cooking oil.
- Add ½ cup water to the remaining soup using a whisk to remove lumps. Pour it over the patties.
- Cover and cook 10 – 15 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms and sauté them in a small skillet. Add them to the top of the patties.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-salisbury-steak/