Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup palm shortening or butter
- ½ cup almond milk or cow’s milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- Prepare two large cookie sheets by lining them with silicone mats, wax paper, or parchment paper.
- Twirl the oats in a food processor for a couple of minutes to break them up. They should look more like instant oats when you are done.
- Combine the sugar, cocoa, shortening, and milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and peanut butter until the peanut butter is melted.
- Stir in the oats.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. You can make them as large or small as you like.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-no-bake-cookies-raggedy/