Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour mix (I used ½ cup sorghum ½ cup sweet rice, ½ cup potato starch)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter (cold)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1¾ cups instant gluten-free oats (or run them through the food processor for a minute or two to make them more like instant oats)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is moistened.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 4½ dozen cookies.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-banana-chocolate-chip/