Bacon, Egg, and Rice Casserole
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bacon (I used turkey bacon)
- 6 baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 recipe gluten-free cream of mushroom soup
- shredded cheese (cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice and quinoa together in chicken broth according to package instructions.
- Once you get the rice cooking, start frying the bacon until crispy.
- Slice or chop the mushrooms and sauté them in a little oil or butter.
- Beat the eggs together and scramble them on the stovetop. Don’t cook them too dry since they will be baked with the casserole.
- Make the cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken would work just as well).
- When the rice is done, combine everything except for the cheese, and spread it into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. The ingredients are already hot or at least warm, and everything is cooked so it doesn’t need to bake long.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/creative-gluten-free-casserole/