Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons bacon grease
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Place strips of bacon on the cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until crisp. Time may vary according to the thickness of the bacon.
- Remove the bacon, letting the fat drip off, and place it on a paper towel lined plate.
- Reserve the bacon grease by pouring it into a small dish.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease in a large pot on the stove on medium high heat.
- Place two popcorn kernels in the grease.
- When they pop, add the remaining popcorn kernels.
- Cover the pot with a piece of foil and cut several slits in the foil with a knife to allow steam to escape.
- Shake the pot as the kernels pop to prevent burning.
- When most of the kernels are popped, remove from the heat and remove the foil.
- Cut or crumble the bacon into pieces.
- Combine the popcorn, bacon, and salt to taste in a large bowl and serve.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/bacon-popcorn/