Yellow Cake Recipe
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ c. butter, softened (Earth Balance buttery sticks work too)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (almond milk works well)
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and add to the mixing bowl alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mix.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan or 2 round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° 30-40 minutes for the rectangular pan or 25-30 minutes for the round pans.
- Let the cake cool in the pans about 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-yellow-cake-recipe/