Lemon Curd – Gluten and Dairy Free
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 Tablespoons Earth Balance sticks or soy free tub margarine (or butter)
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- With your mixer, cream together the margarine and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a heavy sauce pan.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring almost constantly until smooth and thickened, about 15 minutes. Do not boil. The mixture should coat the back of a spoon.
- Cool, then refrigerate. The curd will thicken as it cools.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/lemon-curd-gluten-and-dairy-free/