Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Author: Linda Etherton
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (I used soy-free coconut aminos)
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or coconut sugar
- 4 cups cut broccoli
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil or other high heat oil
- ½ cup white wine or chicken broth
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot starch
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices and place in a bowl.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and sugar to the chicken and mix to combine.
- Let the chicken sit to marinate while you cut the broccoli and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a couple tablespoons of oil in a wok or large skillet.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms. Stir fry 3 – 5 minutes until the broccoli is tender crisp and the mushrooms are soft. Remove to a bowl.
- Put an additional tablespoon of oil in the skillet and add all of the chicken mixture. Stir and cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine the wine, water, and cornstarch. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir until heated and thickened.
- Add the broccoli and mushrooms to the chicken in the skillet and heat until the broccoli is hot through.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-broccoli-stir-fry/