Sweet Potato Casserole
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cups miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes. Cook in water until done, but not overdone. Drain. Add the sugar, butter, and salt. Mash.
- Mix in the pineapple.
- Place in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Heat in the oven at 350 degrees until hot (about 20 minutes).
- Heat the water, sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg in a pan until melted.
- Add the marshmallows and toss to coat.
- Put on top of the sweet potatoes and heat until the marshmallows are melted. Keep an eye on it because the marshmallows will puff up.
- Sprinkle the pecans on top.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/sweet-potato-casserole/