Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon guar gum (if you don't have guar, just use xanthan)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon instant or bread machine yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (105 - 115 degrees)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and beat with the mixer about 1 minute.
- Put the dough in a freezer bag (I used quart size) which has about 1/2 - 1 inch cut from one corner. The size of the hole affects the bread stick size and the baking time. Mine was closer to 1 inch.
- Spray or line a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Squeeze the dough from the bag onto the cookie sheet, holding the bag upright.
- Spray tops of bread sticks with cooking spray.
- Place the cookie sheet on a middle oven rack and turn the oven on to 400 degrees. (You're putting it into a cold oven. Timing starts as soon as you turn the oven on.)
- Bake about 20 minutes until lightly browned.
I like using instant yeast because you can mix it right in with the dry ingredients. If you are using regular active dry yeast, mix it with the milk and let it sit for 5 min.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/bread-sticks/