Roasted Cinnamon Nuts
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups whole almonds or pecan halves
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- In a large bowl whisk the egg white and vanilla until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and add to the nuts. Stir to coat.
- Spread the nuts in a sprayed jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Stir after the first half hour and again half an hour later. Nuts should be dry. Stir and bake a little longer if they are still sticky.
- Cool in the pan, and then transfer to a container.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/roasted-cinnamon-nuts/