Mexican Chili (Slow Cooker)
Recipe type: Main
- 2 lbs. ground meat (I used half beef and half turkey)
- 1 medium onion
- 16 oz. thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can small red beans
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 c. beef broth (I used Herb Ox bouillon labeled gluten free and no added MSG)
- 2 tsp. dried ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tb. chili powder
- 2 Tb. lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- Chop the onion.
- Saute the onion and ground meat and drain.
- Drain and rinse the small red beans.
- Combine all ingredients except the lime juice in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low about 4 – 6 hours.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/mexican-chili-slow-cooker/