Mexican Chili (Slow Cooker)
Author: Linda Etherton
- 2 pounds ground meat (I used half beef and half turkey)
- 1 medium onion
- 16 ounces thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can small red beans
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup beef broth (I used Herb Ox bouillon labeled gluten free and no added MSG)
- 2 teaspoons dried ground cumin
- 1½ Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- Chop the onion.
- Saute the onion and ground meat and drain.
- Drain and rinse the small red beans.
- Combine all ingredients except the lime juice in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low about 4 – 6 hours.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn bread.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/mexican-chili-slow-cooker/