Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix (I used 1 1/2 c. rice mix and 1 c. sorghum mix)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and next five ingredients.
- In your mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the applesauce, water and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour mix and beat just until incorporated.
- With a large spoon or spatula fold in the raisins and nuts.
- Pour into the baking pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
I made a simple glaze using powdered sugar, milk and maple syrup.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/applesauce-cake/