- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Trim and peel the carrots then grate them. (Store bought shredded carrots will be too thick. I use the shredding disk on my food processor.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the sugar, oil, and eggs for about one minute.
- Add the shredded carrots and mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into two greased 9 inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/delicious-carrot-cake/