Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats (Cream Hill Estates, Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Combine the flours, starches, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, and nuts. Spread in a greased 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-chip-oat-bars/