Cherry Chocolate Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour mix (Bette's works well)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 21 ounces gluten-free cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup boiling water (hold back 2 Tablespoons)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the eggs, pie filling, and extracts.
- Add the boiling water, mixing gently.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan or two 9 inch round pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 - 35 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing.
- Top with powdered sugar or chocolate frosting.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cherry-chocolate-cake/