Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ cup sorghum flour (or rice flour)
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- ⅓ cup corn starch (or potato starch)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a large sauce pan, stir the butter and cocoa over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and, using a wooden spoon or stiff spatula, add the sugars. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, corn starch, baking powder, salt and xanthan gum. Add this to the sauce pan and stir until all the flour is moistened.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Spread the batter into a greased and rice floured 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-brownies-recipe/