Beef & Vegetable Soup (Slow Cooker)
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 2½ pounds beef stew meat
- ¼ cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ cups sliced carrots (~4 medium)
- 1½ cups chopped baby Bella mushrooms
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 quart (32 ounces) beef broth (be sure it is gluten free)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl or zip lock bag, toss together the stew meat, rice flour, and chili powder until the beef is coated.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on high heat. Add the beef and onion. Keeping the heat high, brown the meat, stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the oregano.
- Place the carrots, mushrooms and corn in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the beef and onions on top. Pour the broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/beef-vegetable-soup-slow-cooker/