Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1¼ cups rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch/flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⅔ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup hot water (maybe slightly less)
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a medium sized bowl (rice flour through cinnamon).
- In your mixer bowl combine sugar, eggs and extracts. Beat several minutes until light.
- On low speed beat in the mayonnaise.
- Alternate adding the flour mix and water, starting and ending with the flour. Hold back about 2 Tb. of water. The batter should be thick and fluffy. Add the remaining water if needed.
- Spread into two round greased cake pans or one 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/silicone-and-chocolate/