Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ½ cups rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine the flours, starches, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum in a small bowl.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter, sugars and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread into a jelly roll pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20 -25 minutes.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cookies-anyone/