Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (or butter)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 eggs (4 makes them a little more cake like)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ⅓ cup tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used a dairy free brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease and rice flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large sauce pan, stir the butter and cocoa over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and, using a wooden spoon or stiff spatula, add the sugars. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rice flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add this to the sauce pan and stir until all the flour is moistened.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool. These brownies cut best with a plastic knife.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/best-brownies/