Breakfast Casserole (Dairy Free)
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 thick gluten-free bread heels, cubed (or enough bread to cover the bottom of the dish)
- 12 cooked gluten free sausage links (or other breakfast meat to cover the bread, be sure it's gf)
- 10 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk or milk substitute (I used Almond Breeze original almond milk)
- 1 teaspoons herbes de Provence (or other blend of herbs that you like with eggs)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place the gluten-free bread cubes in the bottom of the dish.
- Put the sausage or other meat on top.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, herbs, salt & pepper. Beat well with a fork, whisk or immersion blender.
- Pour over top the bread and meat.
- Cover and refrigerate until morning.
- Bake at 350° F for about 30 minutes or until the egg is set.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/breakfast-casserole-dairy-free/