Chicken & Brown Rice (Slow Cooker)
Recipe type: Main
- 1 recipe gluten-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 c. chicken broth (make sure it’s gluten free)
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 1/2 c. brown rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 chicken breast halves, 2 1/2 – 3 lbs. (I used boneless and skinless)
- In a medium sized pot prepare the cream of chicken soup.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the chicken broth, poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker and add the brown rice and onion.
- Pour most of the soup mixture over the rice, reserving about 1/2 cup.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the rice and pour the remaining soup over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-brown-rice-slow-cooker/