Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon homemade taco seasoning (or other gluten-free taco seasoning)
- Shredded cheese (optional topping)
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, sauté the ground beef and chopped onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, and taco seasoning to the beef, simmer and stir for about five minutes.
- Combine the rice and beef mixture.
- Top with cheese if desired.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/taco-rice/