Italian Sausage with Quinoa and Broccoli
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound gluten-free Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1 pound fresh broccoli crowns
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- salt to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions using the chicken broth in place of water.
- Cook the Italian sausages in a skillet or on the grill until done in the center. Cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Wash, cut and steam the broccoli until just tender.
- Add the basil, parsley, and salt to the cooked quinoa and toss to combine.
- Put the cut sausage and broccoli into a large bowl. Add the quinoa and toss to combine.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/italian-sausage-quinoa-broccoli/