Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Bread (Grain Free)
Author: Danielle McKinney
Recipe type: Bread
- ½ cup almond butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray loaf pan and dust with almond flour. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix almond butter, applesauce, and olive oil until smooth. Add eggs and honey; mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Add flour mixture to liquid ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in chopped olives and tomatoes.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake until bread is light brown and a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes. Don’t fill loaf pan more than halfway.
- Alternatively, you can make the batter into muffins. Prepare 12 muffin cups and fill only halfway; bake 16-18 minutes.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/tomato-and-olive-bread-grain-free/