Blueberry Coconut Flour Muffins (Paleo)
Author: Linda Etherton
Serves: Makes 12
- ½ - 1 cup coconut flour (see note below)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, beat together with fork the eggs, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed for about one minute or until well combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean (unless it hits a blueberry).
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I used 1 cup of Let's Do Organic brand coconut flour. Other brands may work differently and require less flour. Start with ½ cup and add more to achieve a thick but wet batter.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/blueberry-coconut-flour-muffins-paleo/