Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 gluten-free yellow or white cake mix or homemade cake mix below
- 2¼ cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced peaches, with juice
- 1½ sticks butter or substitute
- whipped cream or 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix ingredients, if making from scratch. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Dump in the pineapple.
- Cut the peaches into chunks and dump them in too. Don’t forget the juice from both cans. Spread the fruit evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Dump the cake mix (or above combined ingredients) on top of the fruit and spread it out evenly.
- Cut the butter into chunks and place it on top of the cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 – 40 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- For dairy free whipped cream, skim the fat from a can of chilled coconut milk and whip it (the fat, not the milk) with a whisk attachment on a hand mixer until it’s the consistency of whipped cream.
- Spoon the dump cake into serving dishes, add a little whipped cream, and enjoy!
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/dump-cake/