Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line the bottom of a 9 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper and sides of the pan with coconut oil.
- Combine the topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to beat together the eggs and milk.
- Add the egg/milk mixture, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to the mixing bow. Beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon into the cake pan and spread out evenly. Spoon the topping evenly over the entire cake. (I use my fingers to sprinkle the nuts around evenly.)
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until it is set in the middle and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan about 5 minutes. Invert onto a plate or rack, remove the parchment paper if stuck to the cake, and invert again onto a serving plate.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cinnamon-pecan-coffee-cake/